Sex Advice: Erection problems don't need to spoil your sex life
Every man will experience erection problems at some point during their life but there are ways of dealing practically with it.
- Don't avoid sex! Confess that you're going through a weird time and just be intimate without penetration; use your tongue, hands and mouth to pleasure her instead.
- Rule out any medical reasons for the condition and give drugs, alcohol and cigarettes the big swerve and rethink your health and lifestyle generally. If you're on any prescribed medication, ask your doctor about possible side effects.
- Think about why it's happening - is it with all women or just this one? If it's just her, maybe you're mistaking friendship for lust or love. Sometimes, if you fancy her like mad, you're scared limp because you're so desperate to please her. Relax a little. If she's going to leave you because you can't get an erection she wasn't worth the effort in the first place.
- Don't take it personally. It doesn't mean your tummy is too big, he doesn't like your underwear or he fancies the blonde in accounts.
- Don't pretend you haven't noticed, instead talk to him about it. Say, 'I know how that feels. Sometimes I want sex but I don't get wet.' Ask him if he'd like you to try to arouse him or whether he'd prefer to get some rest. The worst thing you can do is ignore it.
- Turn it into a positive and let him focus entirely on you. Let him use his hands and tongue to bring you to orgasm. Masturbate for him. Relax and enjoy yourself - an orgasm each doesn't necessarily have to be the goal of lovemaking.