Sex Advice: The sex statistics you've always wanted to know but never dare ask...
With these sexual statistics, if you ever go on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? you'll be well prepared!
- On average, men have sex 104 times per year whilst women have it 101. Reports vary on exact figures for each age group but there's actually not that much difference in frequency from when you're aged 20 to when you hit 45 - they all hover between 108 - 112.
- One in five adults has sex 3 - 4 times a week and 5% have sex once a day.
- The average age that a person loses their virginity is at 16.9 for men and at 17.4 for women.
- 54% of men think about sex every day or several times a day compared to 19% of women.
- Women are more likely to orgasm solo than when they are with a partner. 75% of men and 29% of women always have orgasms with their partner.
- Outside bed, the most common place to have sex is the car (50%), followed by the loo (39%), our parents' bedroom (36%) and a park (31%). Only 15% of people have had sex at work.